Should I be concerned about penile cancer? Brother had it.

Pathology
In brief: May be
There are no clear cut genetic patterns in penile cancer.
However, given that you share half your genes and probably similar environment with your brother, it would be prudent to be on the look out for any changes in the penile skin, especially the glans penis.

In brief: May be
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Not to worry but
We do not know about familial penile cancer.
Let us say that the incidence of being familial is 5.0%. Risk factors include human papilloma virus (hpv), smoking, poor hygiene..It rare with an incidence of one in 1400 cases. Early circumcision my be preventive. I would not worry about it. Lead a normal life. Have annual medical exam. In men, the most common cancer are lung and prostate.

In brief: Not to worry but
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Helmy Guirgis