Do all mthfr gene mutations benefit from folate over folic acid? Or certain stands? Is there different treatment for heterozygous v homozygous?

MTHFR . MTHFR has several forms. And treatments can vary. Look here for additional information. http://mthfr.net/mthfr-c677t-mutation-basic-protocol/2012/02/24/
Depends. Folic acid = synthetic. Methylfolate = natural. Folic acid also decreases folate receptors on cells and decreases folate binding proteins (this is bad). Avoid folic acid. Buy Solgar brand methylfolate 800 mcg or other brand. See how you feel in the am. If tired and foggy headed, take one methylfolate. More info: Http://drfairchild.blogspot.com/2013/10/mthfr.html .
What mutation? The pathology community is divided over mthfr testing. I'm undecided. A majority of people who take the test will be told they have an 'abnormal' result and are therefore in need of special supplements which they may then be offered by the folks who have done the test. Talk with your own physician and if necessary an authentic genetic counsellor.
Need activated folat. You need to take methyl tetrahydrofolate (folic acid) to bypass your genetic abnormality or take massive doses of folate (folic acid)--such as 3 grams. You can determine what is adequate by measuring your homocysteine level. Folic acid and folate (folic acid) are the same thing. You may be thinking about folinic acid., .