Can alcoholism contribute to a heart attack?

Yes. While limited alcohol consumption may help reduce risk for heart attack, higher intake seems to increase the risk. In someone with alcoholism though, no alcohol intake is recommended. More alcohol consumption is also associated with high blood pressure, stomach and liver problems, and also a number of cancers.
Yes. Absolutely. Chronic alcohol dependency can adversely affect and damage every organ in the body, except the kidneys. Alcohol can damage the heart muscle-irreversibly. See: www.Aa.Org.