My hubby's sister is pressuring him to donate his kidney but I disagree. Whose call?

Dr. Victoria Bellot
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Donor
No one should pressure anyone to donate.
In fact when the prospective donors and recipients come for an evaluation, they meet with separate teams to avoid any potential conflict of interest that can arise. The information on both sides is kept separate. Although it has been shown to be medically safe to donate, it is an altruistic and person decision and should not be forced.

In brief: Donor
Dr. Victoria Bellot
Dr. Victoria Bellot
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
great answer. It must a person's desire to donate, not forced upon them.
Dr. Tarek Naguib
In brief: His call
A donor has to be 100% comfortable with his decision and under no pressure.
She can state her opinion and you can state yours. He should be the one to decide under no pressure of any party. If he has any illness like hypertension or diabetes he may not be a candidate after all.

In brief: His call
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Andrea Brand