Need doctor's help! will masturbation cause prostatitis?

Dr. Joel Gallant
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No

Masturbation won't cause prostatitis.
In fact, it may a good thing to keep the prostate busy doing what it's supposed to be doing: making seminal fluid. Ejaculation (through masturbation or sex) allows release of that fluid and replacement by a fresh supply. I can't promise there's any scientific basis for this statement, but it's clearly not a bad thing.

In brief: No

Masturbation won't cause prostatitis.
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Joel Gallant
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Masturbation

Nope. Not in any way.
Masturbation is a normal and common part of the human experience. Every man you know masturbates or has masturbated. There are no known health consequences to regular masturbation there are, however, significant problems when one does not empty their prostate gland regularly.

In brief: Masturbation

Nope. Not in any way.
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham