My dad is an alcoholic, could his addiction have contributed to his coronary artery disease?

No. But the smoking that many folks who drink alcohol do, does for sure. Serious alcoholism is often accompanied by malnutrition which is associated with low cholesterol. Moderate alcohol is protective although that is lost with larger amounts.
Yes. Drug and alcohol addiction have serious negative health consequences on all of the body’s organs including the heart and brain. There is a direct connection between drug abuse and irregular heartbeat, collapsed veins, bacterial infections, cardiovascular distress, heart attack, and stroke.