Is it my acne or my bad posture that's causing severe neck pain?

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Maybe posture
Acne does not cause neck pain.
Keeping the neck in an awkward position or in one position a long time may lead to neck discomfort. Stretching and strengthening the neck muscles may help.

In brief: Maybe posture
Acne does not cause neck pain.
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
2 comments
Dr. Nicholas Nomicos
Acne shouldn't be causing neck pain - it would be more of a superficial skin pain.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Probably posture
Acne may cause localized pain, but usually not neck pain.
Posture issues can definitely contribute to neck pain.When a person slouches forward, as in someone with poor posture, the neck has to go into a more extended position to keep the head looking forward, and this can definitely increase neck pain. Thank you for the question.

In brief: Probably posture
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Posture
I would vote forcposture achne causes skin pain and tenderness most would not describe not this as a neckache.

In brief: Posture
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Arnon Rubin