Is it bad to be underweight if balanced diet?

Dr. Robert Skversky
Bariatrics
In brief: In general "no"
In general the" thinner the better" in reference to increasing one's longevity.
The genetic implications for weight..Too thin or too fat can be as high as 77%. Make sure that your thyroid function has been evaluated since hyperthyroid states can cause unhealthy weight loss there are many co-morbitities associated with being overweight.

In brief: In general "no"
Dr. Robert Skversky
Dr. Robert Skversky
Pathology
In brief: How do you feel?
My colleagues have given you good advice.
If you can stay competitive in your favorite sport, and you feel well, your weight is fine. You're a person, not a beancounter's average -- "underweight people dying sooner" doesn't control for drug addicts, alcoholics or cancer victims. Many elite track-and-field athletes are "underweight". Eat sensibly and be thankful for good health.

In brief: How do you feel?
Dr. Steven Seres