Could drinking alcohol cause tooth decay?

Possibly yes. Dry mouth can greatly increase your chance of developing dental decay. If you are an alcoholic, then you experience dry mouth. If you binge drink, then you will notice that you have dry mouth the following morning.
No. Drinking alcohol does not cause tooth decay. Poor oral hygiene and consuming foods and liquids high in refined sugars and acids promote tooth decay. This assumes drinking alcohol in moderation. Brush and floss after meals and see your dentist for routine check-ups, cleanings and to monitor caries.