If my blood sugar is 150 after meal, could I be diabetic?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Unknown

A 150 mg/dl blood sugar after a meal could be ok if it was less than 2 hours after a meal and went below 140 by the time 2 hours passed.
This, however, is based on lab glucose values. Home glucometers can be off by a significant amount so a 150 could be either higher or lower. If you suspect you are at risk for diabetes please see your doctor.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: No

If it's 150 right after your meal, then it's normal.
If it's 150 2 hours after your meal, then you might have pre-diabetes. The glucometer is not designed to diagnose diabetes. You need a blood draw to diagnose diabetes. Very easily done.

In brief: No

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Adam Smith