I've been having really bad leg cramps in my left leg from new flip flops. Usually wear high heels. Related?

Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Could be

As dr. Isobe said, there are many things that can cause leg cramps.
However, venous insufficiency is a more common cause of leg cramps that calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium defiencies combined.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: Maybe

Flip-flops require holding onto the slipper with the first-second toe, and this may result in use of other muscles in the foot that were not used with high heels resulting in fatigue, then cramps.
Consider other things such as dehydration, abnormal potassium, calcium, magnesium levels, and venous insufficiency

In brief: Maybe

Dr. James Isobe
Dr. James Isobe
Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possibly

It can be related.
Wearing high heels, your achille's and calf is relaxed and loose. Wearing flats and flip-flops they are stretched. If you recently changed over, it could be strained. Mostly it may just need daily stretching in the morning and stretching before exercise.

In brief: Possibly

It can be related.
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Tara Solomon

In brief: Magnesium deficiency

Many of my patients who complain of leg cramps often have either an iron defiency, ie have your complete blood coun.
Checked or magnesium deficency. Dehydration leading to.Potassium and sodium deficiency can also lead to cramps so hydrate well. Lastly, do some simple leg exercises in which you.Lean hands first against a wall and stretch out both calves.

In brief: Magnesium deficiency

Dr. Tara Solomon
Dr. Tara Solomon
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Most definately

Flip flops are highly unsupportive and overwork the leg musculature.
Also, if normally a high heel wearer the achilles is in a contracted position and hen with flip flops you are extending the tendon essentially confusing the muscle and it is trying to tighten again causing the cramping.

In brief: Most definately

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery