Are there racial differences in regards to levels of coronary artery disease?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Always
Many stuides show differences among racial lines; my personal opinion is that these really demonstrate differences in socioeconomic levels.
I feel it is much more dependent upon income levels and the types of foods and lifestyle a person leads. Lower socioeconomic groups tend to eat foods that are less healthy and engage in alcohol and tobacco use as well as engaging in less exercise.

In brief: Always
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Pankaj Kulshrestha
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: CAD
All races get coronary artery disease.
Incidence of CAD may be related to the prevalence of diabetes in different ethnic groups.

In brief: CAD
All races get coronary artery disease.
Dr. Pankaj Kulshrestha
Dr. Pankaj Kulshrestha
Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic
The reported incidence of heart disease is higher in minorities, but it is unclear whether this due actual incidence or poor identification until a problem exists.
Better preventive care and follow up likely eliminate any racial differences.

Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Marsha Davis