I have phobias that are weird. Should I tell my parents?

Dr. Chris Esguerra

In brief: A good idea

When you have concerns like you mention, it is a good idea to communicate them to your parents and/or your physician so that you can get help with those phobias.

In brief: A good idea

Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Aileen Sedman

If your parents are caring, they certainly need to hear about your concerns.
If the phobias are interfering with your normal activities--ie going to school, interacting with friends, participating in social activities and your parents are unable to help, then you need to get some counseling thru your school or your physician. Phobias are very treatable. Also look up info on medlineplus.Gov.

Dr. Aileen Sedman
Dr. Aileen Sedman
Dr. Jonathan Jassey