Should orthodontist pull child's teeth for braces if crowded?

Sometimes. Every patient is different with skeletal and dental presentations that may warrant removal of teeth. I am of the philosophical school of orthodontics that believes that expansion of the lower teeth, if more than just mild, will end in relapse or periodontal breakdown. By careful case selection and understanding growth and harmony of the face, extractions can be very successful.
Some do. Jaw growth and teeth allignment is what they know. My understanding is that selective removal of some teeth can reduce alignment issues if done early enough. I am grateful for that procedure in my early teens, needed minimal work and still have my wisdom teeth decades later.
See your orthodontis. I agree that the "damon system" is the answer to everything response you got is highly misinformed and unprofessional. Short answer, yes, sometimes teeth do need to be pulled to get optimal results. See a couple of orthdontists and get a couple of opinions, and do not beleive anyone who says damon is the only, or even the best solution (studies definately debate this!).
Perhaps it's needed. Actually, extraction treatment is supported by vast scientific literature as superior when the removal of teeth is warranted (typically patients that have significant crowding and/or protrusion. Expansive treatment, on the other hand, often demonstrate the least stability. Seek an opinion with a licensed orthodontic specialist.
NO. In the 21st century, it is no longer necessary to extract teeth no matter how severe your child's crowding. If you wish to avoid extractions, be sure to work with a damon system orthodontist, where the decision to remove teeth is based on facial esthetic demands. So, for example, if the lips protrude, and you would like to reduce their fullness, then extraction is appropriate (www.Damonbraces.Com).
No. It's controversial but if you think about it, removing teeth while the jaw is still growing is bad treatment. Adult teeth come out when the jaw isn't big enough. Let the tongue do its work of making the jaw bigger and let time take its course. You will soon have enough room for all your teeth. Including the wisdom teeth.
30% of the time. Crowding does not self-resolve. If test are too large, jaws too small, or both, 30% of time extractions are necessary. An orthodontist is trained to do a lab test called an arch length analysis to scientifically make this determination.
Depends. Sometimes the teeth are too crowded and too large to fit properly in the dental arches and allow the patient to close their lips easily over their teeth. These cases need extractions in addition to braces.
If required. After determining the need an orthodontist may suggest extraction of some teeth to straighten them.
When appropriate . The answer to that question is best determined by a trained and skilled orthodontist who after taking records and carefully evaluating the specific circumstances of each case determines that the removal of some teeth will be necessary in order to attain the best orthodontic result. Some cases require it and others do not. “crowding” alone is not the only determining criteria.
Early diagnosis. Sometimes by seeing the child young , the orthodontist can alter jaw growth and mitigate crowding , an example being palatal expansion. It is also important that the child's airway be evaluated and treatment takes this into consideration. There are many alternative for a crowded dentition.