Can I call fertility clinic to get more detailed family history on egg donor?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Usually
Egg donors come in different varieties.
Most are anonymous and they provide less information than open donation where you can meet the donor. Nevertheless, we try to get involved family history on every egg donor, anonymous or open. You should be worried about the clinic or agency where you have very limited information. I hope this helps, best wishes.

In brief: Usually
Egg donors come in different varieties.
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Murray
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Usually
Fertility clinics with their own egg donor program should have a detailed family history for each donor that is available to the recipients in an anonymous fashion.
If one of the immediate family members has any unusual medical condition that has a strong genetic basis then the donor should be deemed unacceptable.

In brief: Usually
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Adam Levy