How to slim jaw muscles from grinding?

Night appliance. Use of a properly made night time appliance is effective. Also, Botox has been shown to help.
Botox. One very successful treatment is Botox injection of masseter and temporalis muscles. Has to be repeated every 3-6 months.
Many causes. Someone may grind their teeth for a number of reasons. Often, the problem occurs because the muscles of the face and jaw are trying to get the teeth in a comfortable position. The muscles may be in spasm, you may have a tmj/tmd problem, stress, infection. Best to see a dentist asap. Often the cause is difficult to determine, so may have to treat the symptoms with a mouthpiece.