How to make sunburn stop stinging--vinegar?

Dr. Barry Resnik
Dermatology
In brief: Sunburn relief
My grandmother put white vinegar on my sunburn when i was a kid.
I was mortified that i would smell like a pickle, but darn it, it took the sting away like magic! i now include it in my sunburn relief regimen, along with Aspirin or Ibuprofen and other pearls of grandmotherly wisdom!.

In brief: Sunburn relief
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care
In brief: Simple Care
Sunburn is response of the tissues to injury from solar radiation.
It is simply inflammation which means increase blood flow to the area to promote healing. Do not use ice as this can injure already injured skin. Cool water soaks can help as can taking anti-inflammation medicines like Motrin or advil (ibuprofen). Avoid any further damage as this can cause scarring . Good skin cream applied daily/gently helps.

In brief: Simple Care
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Michael Miller
Dr. Adam Smith