Does aloe vera plant really helps to fade scars on face?

Dr. Marguerite Barnett
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No evidence

Reviews of scientific literature have not show clear evidence that aloe vera lessens scars.
Keeping a scar out of direct sunlight, massage/pressure and tincture of time are proven to lessen scars. That said, one of my grandmothers swore by aloe vera and since it grew in her garden, she used it on every cut. My grandma was the best!

In brief: No evidence

In brief: Aloe Vera can help

To prevent scar formation.
I am not sure how helpful it would be for scarring that has already taken place. Aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) can speed burn healing by stimulating growth of new skin. Use of aloe vera can help to prevent keratinisation of new skin growth ; it may help to minimize scarring ; speed the healing process of burns ; skin wounds. It stimulates growth of new healthy skin cells.

In brief: Aloe Vera can help

To prevent scar formation.