Have a slight cough for quite som time. Wouldn't worry except i keep getting a bad test in my mouth after non-prod cough. This usually happens with colds or bronchitis, which i don't have. Any idea?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Possible reflux

One possibility is atypical or "silent" reflux.
I know this may sound strange but if stomach juice comes up it can reach the voice box region leading to cough. If even a little stomach juice reaches the mouth it can be very bitter or lead to a bad taste. Stop drinking acids. No sodas, coffee, tea. Stay away from tomatoes and sauce. Don't eat or drink for 3 hours before bed. See your md.

In brief: Possible reflux

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Many answers but

I suspect that the reflux is the cause for your cough and bad taste in the mouth but you should consult your doctor nonetheless.

In brief: Many answers but

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology