How do I get rid of male breasts?

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Possibilities

Large male breasts may be a sign of a hormone imbalance, side effect of certain medications, or due to use of marijuana.
Causes such as these are treated by cessation of the causative agent or by taking a different medication. If medical reasons for gynecomastia can be ruled out by your primary physician, a plastic surgeon is the best to see for definitive treatment.

In brief: Possibilities

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Gregory Buford
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Man Boobs!

Gynecomastia (or man boobs) is actually pretty common and can be caused by a number of things.
To treat it, you really need to remove not only fatty tissue but also underlying glandular tissue and sometimes skin. Some surgeons will simply liposuction the area which often proves ineffective because nothing is done to remove the glandular tissue.

In brief: Man Boobs!

Dr. Gregory Buford
Dr. Gregory Buford
2 comments
Dr. Steven Brown
Not true newer forms of liposuction particularly the micro-aire oscillating lipo have proven to be extremely effective in removing glandular tissue. Rarely is skin resection indicated.
Dr. Gregory Buford
I politely disagree with you on that. Removing fibrous tissue is extremely difficult with just liposuction alone. I have used micro-aire and have not found the same efficacy as either direct removal or use of an arthroscopic shaver to remove it. I do agree that skin resection is not common but sometimes it is necessary if there is severe skin laxity.
Dr. Adam Levy