Horrible back pain that won't go away--ice or heat?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Find the reason?

Using heat or cold may help your pain but the only thing realy help solve the problem to find out thre reason for that back pain.
Thank you.

In brief: Find the reason?

Thank you.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Either

I have no specific recommendations for ice or heat, both are good modalities (in moderation.
..I have seen skin problems with excessive use of ice or heat). The most important recommendation is to get evaluated by a specialist to determine why the pain is not going away.

In brief: Either

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Either

Both heat and cold may be helpful for low back pain.
Be careful not to burn or freeze the skin. Neither works all the time. Some find one or the other more effective than the other. If these measures fail, see your heath care provider.

In brief: Either

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Vikram Patel