I think I have strep throat. My throat hurts and is covered in yellow bumps. I also spit up a bloody ball of something. Is this strep throat? How bad?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Strep throat

Only a doctor can make the diagnosis by examining you and doing one of several possible tests on a throat swab, or if it is typically strep clinically they may just treat you.
Treatment will not necessarily alter the course of the illness if started more than 24 hrs after onset, but it will prevent poststreptococcal complications, namely acute rheumatic fever. Go and see somebody now.

In brief: Strep throat

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Jonathan Jassey