Intermittent left side pain near belly button. I am day18 post op open umbilical hernia repair and gallbladder removal pain scale 8 neg fever or vomi?

May be normal... It is common to have intermittent pain following umbilical hernia repair, and this is mostly determined by the extent and type of repair. Patients often have intermittent shape or "pulling" sensation that may extend several inches to either side of the umbilicus for a few weeks after repair. Check with your surgeon to make sure there's no other issue.
Could be scar pain. If no other infectious symptoms/ could be scar healing/ adhesions/ constipation/ if worsening seek medical attention for obstruction/ try pain meds / prefer non narcotics.