Did I sprain my ankle or tear a ligament? Do I just wait a few days?

Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Both

A sprain of the ankle by definition means you tore, at least partially, some ligaments.
Severity of the injury is determined by how many ligaments you tore and how severely you tore them. Ankle sprain rehab is important to speed recovery and prevent re-injury. Also, if you are having trouble bearing weight or if you have any deformity to the ankle you should get an xray to rule out a fracture.

In brief: Both

Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: They are the same

Ankle sprain is a torn ligament see orthopedist or pcp they can te llif you wouldb benift from immobilization or physical therapy elevate ice nsaids first aid.

In brief: They are the same

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine