Why are my bottom teeth becoming crooked again? I wear my retainer day and night. I just don't get it.

In brief: Improper Fit

The most common cause of relapse is not using the retainer, followed by the retainer being used incorrectly.
If, for example, the retainer was not placed correctly for a short period of time, the teeth would shift. Now it doesn't fit correctly, even if you are placing it in your mouth. See your orthodontist asap to see what can be done regarding the malposition..

In brief: Improper Fit

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

In brief: Relapse

This happens because either, 1- you had a fast orthodontic treatment , appliance was taken out too early.
2- late jaw development and growth, since you are 18, 3- the presence of wisdom teeth that can start growing and pushing forward leading to crowded anterior region. See your dentist.

In brief: Relapse

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Reena Gupta
see your dentist .possible relapse
Dr. Jaime Quejada
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Late mandible growth

Late mandibular growth after teen years can contribute to relapse on the lower front teeth.
If you still have wisdom teeth, some people think this might contribute also -- this is controversial though. :).

In brief: Late mandible growth

Dr. Jaime Quejada
Dr. Jaime Quejada
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Ortho consult

Have your retainer checked for proper fit.
Some teeth have a great tendency for relapse. Make sure your retainer fits well. Talk to your orthodontist about a bonded retainer and see if this will work for you.

In brief: Ortho consult

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Marsha Davis