Can my tooth infection spread to my heart and kill me?

Theoretically. Dental infections can put bacteria into the bloodstream which have the potential to infect the lining of the heart (endocarditis), and this has the possibility of a fatal outcome. Most often you need to have prior damage to the heart lining for this to occur, although less often, not. Get your dental infection treated.
It can happen. If you have significant heart valve disease, or serious congenital heart disease, as dr. Raff noted you can get endocarditis from a dental infection. Endocarditis is serious and requires weeks of IV antibiotics and often heart valve surgery. It can be fatal.