Can cervical cancer develop within six months after HPV infection?

Not likely. Most people who get hpv infection are able to eliminate the virus and do not have long lasting issues. The minority in whom it becomes part of the cells, usually take years to develop cancer. However, it is important to follow regular screening to monitor the changes in cells before these become cancerous.
Possibly. Cervical cancer from hpv is generally a "slow growing" disease and is detectable by yearly pap smears. Cervical hpv changes can also been seen at colposcopy. (microscopic exam ot the cervix and vagina).