What are the developmental stages for babies?

In brief: Zero to three
This is an important area for parents to learn about.
One great resource is www.Zerotothree.Org. Their website will answer the overview questions plus much more. Enjoy!

In brief: Zero to three
Dr. Amanda Rodriguez-Murphy
Dr. Amanda Rodriguez-Murphy
Dr. Lawrence Rosen
In brief: Touchpoints
Babies develop in many different ways.
The most important thing is progression - some go faster than others in certain areas (fine motor, gross motor, verbal/language and social). There are too many stages to list here specifically. I like t. Berry brazelton's touchpoints model which allows for individual variation.

In brief: Touchpoints
Babies develop in many different ways.
Dr. Lawrence Rosen
Dr. Lawrence Rosen
Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Far to many to say
There are far too many developmental stages to mention in a 400 word blurb.
In general they are in 4 main catagories - language, gross motor, fine motor and social development.

In brief: Far to many to say
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Scott Katz
In brief: Too Broad a Question
Unfortunately, we only get 400 characters to answer each question.
I recommend going to the american academy of pediatrics website at aap.Org. The have a very good research section for parents on any topic. If you have a more specific question, please repost.

In brief: Too Broad a Question
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Scott Katz
Dr. Shontae Buffington