Can a pediatrician easily diagnose social anxiety disorder?

Sometimes. Most pediatricians do not have a lot of experience with DX and rx of mental illness, their training is limited and it really depends on their ability to make a judgement about what the book says and how well the info they are getting matches in an understandable way. Or seek consultation.
Possibly. Some pediatricians are more skilled than others in these types of issues. Many can make a preliminary assessment than includes s.A.D. In the differential, but this is a mental health disorder, and is best ultimately diagnosed by an expert in mental health and child development.
Why not. I know many pediatricians / primary doctors who are quite comfortable diagnose + treat SAD/ GAD or Obsessive traits.. With more awareness of how mental health impacts on our daily lives, it is logical to treat + counsel patients . The shortage , stigma, or cost of seeing a psychiatrist prevents many patients from dealing with their anxieties professionally. Most patients really appreciate help.