Can a meniscus tear in the knee heal on its own?

No. Once torn, a meniscus does not generally heal on its own. It may however become asymptomatic.
Unlikely. Except in very young patients with open growth plates (children and adolescents), meniscus injuries rarely heal without intervention. Meniscus tissue has a poor blood supply and thus doesn't have good spontaneous healing potential. Sometimes a meniscus injury ceases to hurt or cause symptoms, but the tissue hasn't actually healed.
No. A verysmall minority have healing potential they dont all need a scope but they wont Healon their own, locking knee swelling lean toward need for scope.