Any alternative treatment for gallstones except laparoscopic cholecystectomy?

In brief: Surgery not a must

Gallstones are very common and more common with age.
Most of the time these cause no problems but they can become symptomatic and cause pain. At their worst they can cause gallbladder infection and pancreatitis. At times they block the biliary system. Surgery is done on an elective basis for most people with symptomatic stones and on an urgent basis for gallbladder infection/ inflammation.

In brief: Surgery not a must

Dr. Debashish Bose
Dr. Debashish Bose

In brief: No, sorry

If you have symptoms from your gallstones, surgery is the way to go.
After a "lap chole" as we call it in the biz, you'll be back on your feet in a week or two. I wouldn't advise waiting, if you pass a stone into your bile duct it can be devastating.

In brief: No, sorry

Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. Scott Welker
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery