Is snoring always related to sleep apnea?

Good Question! No, not always. However, those who snore loudly should be screened for sleep apnea with a detailed history and possibly a sleep study. Those who snore without sleep apnea do report that their sleep is better after treatment because their bed partner no longer has to kick, punch, pinch, etc while they are sleeping and everyone is happier after treatment :).
Almost always. Obstructive sleep apnea means that you stop breathing due to the airway being blocked. It is the blockage and turbulent airflow that leads to significant snoring. Some patients have central sleep apnea which is not due to obstruction and these patients may not snore.
Obstructed airway. A person can have different degrees of an obstructive airway, with different reactions to this issue. One can snore and that is it. Sleep apnea results in episodes of stoppage of breathing, from mild to severe. A sleep study is the best indicator of whether it is related in your case.
No. You can have primary snoring, without sleep apnea. But, if you are a robust snorer, it is much more likely that you do have sleep apnea, and just don't know it. Make an appt with your md to consider a sleep study to confirm this.