After a charley horse in calf: how long is it normal to experience tense or sore muscles afterwards?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Muscle spasm
These can happen spontaneously, with quick movements, or during exercise.
They are common - and happen to kids and adults alike, and pain can be for a few hours to a few days afterwards. For myself, i usually massage, use some heat, gentle stretching (like in the pic) and anti-inflammatories like Ibuprofen if it's really bothersome.

In brief: Muscle spasm
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Massage, heat
A muscle spasm (or charley horse) in the calf can be painful for a few hours to a day or 2 afterwards.
For myself, i usually massage, use some heat, gentle stretching and anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen.

In brief: Massage, heat
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Few hours to day

In brief: Few hours to day
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Vicken Poochikian