I am a 26 year old male and I have a lump in my breast. Can it be breast cancer or gynecomastia?

In brief: Gynecomastia
Probably gynecomastia.
But a biopsy with review by a pathologist would help solidify the diagnosis.

In brief: Gynecomastia
Probably gynecomastia.
Dr. Michelle Powers
Dr. Michelle Powers
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery
In brief: Breast Lump Dx
Best way to tell is by a mammogram and biopsy (needle vs open ) see a plastic surgeon or general surgeon for consultation.

In brief: Breast Lump Dx
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Larry Nichter
Dr. Richard Zienowicz
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Find out
A lump in the male breast is usually breast tissue and is then called gynecomastia.
The vast majority of these lumps are benign or non-cancerous. Rarely a lump could be a cancer so have it examined by your physician.

In brief: Find out
Dr. Richard Zienowicz
Dr. Richard Zienowicz
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Breast lump
Gynecomastia is common in infancy, adolescence, and in middle-aged to older adult males.
Pseudogynecomastia is also common and related to the heavy weight. Gynecomastia must be differentiated from breast carcinoma, which is far less common. There are a lot of cause of gynecomastia including drug, puberty, endocrine problems, liver/kidney problems etc. See your doctor and have your self checked.

In brief: Breast lump
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
diagnostic tools like mammogram and sonogram would be ordered. If there is trully suspicious lump/nodule- then a biopsy would be needed.
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery