Can I get a bacterial infection by kissing someone?

Sometimes yes. Depending on where one kisses upon another person's body, he will bring some bacteria into his mouth, which means onto his throat and down into his tummy. If his mouth gets strep throat bacteria from kissing, then he can develop a strep throat infection. If his mouth gets h.Pylori bacteria from kissing, then he can get an h.Pylori stomach ulcer. Many other bacteria can also be gotten from kissing.
Kissing. I agree with dr. Kwok's note to you but wanted also to add now that syphilis is spreading in the heterosexual population like it has been spreading in the homosexual community. Syphilis if caught in the mouth through oral sexual contact can also be spread to others with saliva. Now most people will not have this infection, but if there is anything odd in your illness this test can also be done.