Why do dentists recommend that you get your wisdom teeth out?

Wisdom teeth. Sometimes wisdom teeth are valuable asset when healthy and properly aligned, but more often, they are misaligned and require removal. The removal of wisdom teeth is one of the most common procedures at ages 15-24. See your dentist for evaluation and x-rays.
Space issue. One of the primary reasons is too little space in the mouth along the bones so that as the wisdom teeth erupt they crowd the other teeth and push them out of alignment.
Prevention/Treatment. Indications for removal of wisdom teeth fall into two broad categories - to prevent problems from occurring or to treat a problem. Early removal of wisdom teeth (before the roots are fully developed) that are developing in an abnormal position or do not have sufficient space to erupt into the mouth is generally recommended as the risk of complications is less. Your dentist can advise you.
1 in 7. There's about a 1 in 7 risk that 3rd molars can cause damage to surrounding teeth, bone, and/or gums. the damage can be slight to severe. If you had a 1 in 7 chance of being hurt if you got into a car, you would walk everywhere. If there's a 1 in 7 chance that wisdom teeth can cause you bodily harm, it would be prudent to have them removed. The extractions are easier than damage repair.
Wisdom teeth . They should be taken out of coming in a direction which could harm your adjacent teeth wisdom teeth usually have the tendency to cause late anterior crowding which is crowding of the lower front teeth also they tend to damage the molars next to them therefor it is recomened to extract wisdom teeth.