Can you tell me the best way to whiten the teeth. I have sensitive teeth i.E. It occasionally bleed. My dentist told me to use banana skin to whiten?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Team approach

Bleeding and tooth sensitivity are often signs of gum infection and recession.
Seek rx w a periodontist to control diseased supporting tissues. Then have your general dentist help you with the gentlest least invasive tooth whitening technique.

In brief: Team approach

Dr. Felicia Mata
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Teeth Sensitivity

And bleeding is not an indication of normal condition.
Proper oral hygiene technique and habits besides diet, can help preserve the integrity of a smile besides seeing a dentist in a regular basis. Genetics, systemic disease, flouride level in water, .. Are other predisposing factors...

In brief: Teeth Sensitivity

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Whitening teeth

I highly doubt banana skins will whiten your teeth.
There are many ways to whiten your teeth. First address the sensitive teeth issue. Make sure you have no cavities or other causes for your sensitive teeth. Consider holding off whitening procedures at this time as they tend to temporarily increase sensitivity. If necessary, see a second dentist for options. Don't use otc products without dds ok.

In brief: Whitening teeth