My mouth is painful when i open it wide&really painful when biting down, feels like my mouth is swelling. Could this be wisdom teeth coming in? Im 21

Dr. Nathaniel Chan
Dentistry

In brief: Possible

If your wisdom tooth is only partially erupted, then there is a flap of gum tissue that can easily get irritated and infected causing pain and swelling.
The other possibility is that it could be TMJ syndrome. You should be evaluated by your dentist.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Nathaniel Chan
Dr. Nathaniel Chan
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

Could also be gum disease, allergic reaction, para functional habit, joint dysfunction, or one of so many other problems.
Have your dentist check this for you. If wisdom tooth problem, dentist may want to refer you to oral surgeon.

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnon Rubin