If I have sever osteoarthritis in both my knees almost bone on bone. If i glucosamine at this point would it help?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: No

With advanced oa, glucosamine has zero chance of helping.
In my experience it rarely helps even mild disease.

In brief: No

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Probably not

The theoretical mechanism by which nutritional supplements work is that they contain some of the same substances seen in healthy cartilage; and that by eating them this will somehow restore your cartilage.
If you truly have"bone on bone" severity arthritis, it is unlikely that anything you eat will change this. If you take them and it makes you feel better, however, that is certainly ok.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Arnon Rubin