Can my cancer treatment increase my risk for bacterial infections?

Yes. Cancer treatment can lower white counts and therefore the immune response to bacteria. Bacteria is everywhere and ready to penetrate our natural barriers and with a weakened immune system the risk increases. Also with radiation the natural barrier of the mucosa, skin and the local immune cells in places like our intestines are all effected. This is why with get blood regularly for testing.
Perhaps. Many treatments for cancer (various chemotherapy agents, some radiation treatments, etc.) have side effects of weakening the body's immune system by lowering the number of white blood cells that are present. These cells are needed to help fight off various bacterial infections, so if a treatment makes you "neutropenic" then you are at greater risk of developing a serious bacterial infection.