What is causes you to get atopic dermatitis?

Many factors. There is no single cause for atopic dermatitis. There r some common factors that a lot of ad patients share, such as dry skin, not producing enough natural antibiotics on the skin. But there are individual factors, such as food allergy, which can play an important role in some patients.
Body chemistry. We all need essential fatty acids in our diet. In the case of atopia there is a defective. Enzyme that normally produces important substances called eicosanoids from these fatty acids. See a nutritionist physician who is aware of the very easy dietary treatment using epa and gla. And other nutrients. Stop taking sugar.