What should I do if I think I have seasonal affective disorder?

Dr. Douglas Bey
In brief: See a psychiatrist
Most likely a medicine like wellbutrin (bupropion) & light therapy will be suggested.

In brief: See a psychiatrist
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Seek Help
Depending on the severity of symptoms, you might need to see a counselor and/or a psychiatrist if there is a need for medication.
It is also important to keep you routine going even if you don't feel like it.

In brief: Seek Help
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
In brief: SAD
SAD is now referred to as Depressive Disorder with Seasonal Pattern in DSM 5.
It is a subtype of major depression. Treating seasonal affective disorder: Light therapy can be very effective. Psychotherapy and psychotropic medications can also be beneficial. Consider a tropical vacation when it is cold back home. See:

In brief: SAD
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/seasonal-affective-disorder/basics/treatment/con-20021047
Dr. Eric Weisman