I am pregnant in 35 weeks now. I just discovered that I have diabetes few days ago. Does that mean rhat I will deliver earlier? I take insulin

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Not necessarily...
If it is only mild, you may get away with just watching diet and keeping active at this time.
..Since you are 35 wks, u are in pretty good window in term of maturity of babyreadiness for life outside..So any time from here is considered good! also, if needing treatment, there are meds beside insulin. Anyhow, regular f/u with your doc... Good luck with your pregnancy/delivery..And congrats!

In brief: Not necessarily...
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Vicken Poochikian