Have had chronic hives for six months, been to allergist no allergies what can it be and what can I do?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Idiopathic urticaria

It sounds like you may have idiopathic urticaria (unknown cause).
.This is often very frustrating, despite extensive work-up, as in your case of seeing a specialist for it. It may last for several years and may just disappear as it came. My wife had similar problem..No cause found...Med treatment for about a year (just antihistamine) and it was gone..Over 10 yrs now..Amen. Good luck to you..

In brief: Idiopathic urticaria

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Reid Blackwelder

In brief: Some options

Chronic hives or often called urticaria is a troublesome and frustrating problem.Sounds like reasonable attempt to identify a diagnosis, but it is not always allergies.
Autoimmune problems especially thyroid disease can cause chronic urticaria. Interestingly, otc meds such as ranitidine or Cimetidine are histamine receptor blockers which are part of the problem. Those drugs can help. See physician.

In brief: Some options

Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Reid Blackwelder
Dr. Marsha Davis