I passed a kidney stone fri. I still have pain in the private area and an area in the low rght abdomen where it felt like the stone got stuck. This area has become swollen and painful, is this normal?

In brief: Possible

Recently passed stone may result in residual irritation in the lower tracts.
It is also possible to have other stones. Follow imaging may be indicated if the symptoms do not resolve.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Weber Chuang
Dr. Weber Chuang
Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Could be

Kidney stones are certainly painful, and can cause inflammatory reactions and possible infections as they pass along the urogenital tract, thus causing discomfort and swelling, even after they pass.
Plenty of fluids and meds if indicated by your treating dr. For the discomfort may help, but if the condition persists, you will need to see the doc for an exam. Best wishes.

In brief: Could be

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine