Can i give blood when i'm high risk for fainting? I have an ans disorder - postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and have hr up to 160-170bpm.

Dr. John Norris
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Best to avoid risk.

Although technically you could give blood, you would be putting yourself at risk for a fainting spell due to your autonomic syndrome.
What i mean by that is that there is nothing wrong with your blood, but decreasing your blood volume would increase your risk of having a fainting spell. Do your blood bank phlebotomist a favor and keep your blood to yourself!

In brief: Best to avoid risk.

Dr. John Norris
Dr. John Norris
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: IMHO

In my humble opinion, the better part of valor here would be to forego giving blood.
It would certainly make your pots worse and the blood bank staff would prefer not to have someone pass out during the procedure!

In brief: IMHO

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Eric Weisman