Why do I always feel sluggish and tired I always make plans to do things but never do and am always tired after I eat and take a nap?

Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: A lot of things

This may be due to a number of conditions: sleep apnea, low thyroid function, anemia, etc.
You should be evaluated by your doctor right away.

In brief: A lot of things

Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Dr. Hesham Hassaballa
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Fatigue

You should first see your primary care physician to make sure there are no medical reasons that contribute to your fatigue.
Hypothyroidism, anemia, and many other medical problems may contribute to your feeling of fatigued. If you are medically "cleared", then i would advise that you see a psychiatrist in order to rule out depression, anxiety or any other psychiatric conditions.

In brief: Fatigue

Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Arman Danielyan
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: No energy

By far the most common cause of these kinds of symptoms is depression--feeling moody or down, not sleeping well, eating too much/or not eating.
It is usually due to stress. Some people can have severe insomnia without depression (or even sleep apnea) that will leave them that fatigued, but this is much less common. It would be good to see a doctor because good treatment is available.

In brief: No energy

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Cindy Juster