Hubby has high BP top and botm (meds), smokes, works outside in fl, just told me his heart is beating really hard, dry heaving, should I worry?

Dr. Michael Borookhim
In brief: Absolutely yes!
He needs aggressive bood pressure management with goal 120/70.
Also in light of his complaints he needs to be seen by his primary physician right away for an evaluation, ecg, and consideration for a stress test. Good luck.

In brief: Absolutely yes!
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Michael Erickson
General Practice
Your husband presents with many of the risks of heart attack.
If he is having chest pain with radiation to the left arm, sweating, or shortness of breath he should be taken to an emergency room immediately. Eating a healthy diet, quitting smoking, taking his meds, and staying hydrated are very important for heart health. If his current treatment isn't working he should see his doc to change it.

Michael Erickson
Michael Erickson
Answer assisted by Michael Erickson, Medical Student
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology