What is the rate of transmission of hsv-1 genital to genital not during an outbreak?

12% Asymptomatic intermittent viral shedding occurs in both men and women, even in the absence of genital lesions. Hsv-2 infections have been linked to more frequent and prolonged asymptomatic viral shedding from the genitourinary tract compared to hsv-1 infections. Asymptomatic viral shedding was detected among 12 percent of women with hsv-1 genital infections in one study of 306 women..
HSV. If you have had unprotected sex with someone with genital herpes. The symptoms usually appear within 7-10 days. Patient may develop a crop of blisters which eventually rupture, coalesce and become painful. There are exceptions and variable presentations.