Is it harmful smoking pot on a daily basis. My friends tell me its chill.?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

There are several factors to consider. First and foremost is the damage it can do to your lungs.
It will also tend to make you less productive. The long term effects can include memory issues later in life. It can also lower your inhibitions to try other drugs.

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: It can be harmful

You list that you have obesity, and the appetite stimulation from cannabis is undoubtedly contributing to this.
In the younger, developing brain (teens through mid 20s) cannabis may have more effects in impairing both intellect and ability to learn, and the "amotivational" syndrome may cause social harms. Use of any "recreational" drug, whether alcohol/marijuana is likely harmful.

In brief: It can be harmful

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Marsha Davis